Punjabi Besan Kadhi Pakoda Recipe
|Besan ki Kadhi – Take pleasure in every bite of delightful and unique taste of Punjabi kadhi pakora.|
Besan ki kadhi is made by cooking gram flour aka besan in buttermilk or lassi along with spices. A lot of spices are used in making of kadhi with each spice giving its distinct aroma.
People often use onion for preparing pakoras for kadhi but I prefer to keep it plain making kadhi a no garlic – no onion dish.
I hope you enjoy the detailed recipe with photos given below.
- Butter milk / Lassi / Chhach - ½ liter
- Gram flour / Besan - 1 cup
- Cumin seeds / Jeera - 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds / Dhaniya - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds / Sarson ke beej - 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds / Methi dana - ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder / Lal mirch Powder - ¼ tsp + ¼ tsp (for tempering)
- Curry leaves / kadi patta - 15 to 20
- Turmeric powder / Haldi Powder - ½ tsp
- Deshi ghee / oil - 1 tbsp (for tempering)
- Cooking oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Water - 1 cup
- In a bowl , mix butter milk and gram flour well so that no lumps are formed.
- In a pan heat oil, and add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds. Fry them till they splutter.
- Lower the flame and add red chilli powder, curry leaves, turmeric powder and mix well.
- To the pan, add buttermilk and gramflour solution.
- Mix well. Cook till you see oil in the corners on the surface of kadhi.
- To prepare tempering, in a small pan heat oil and fry red chilli powder.
- Immediately pour the tempering over the kadhi and add besan ke pakode.
- Tasty and yummy besan ki kadhi is ready to serve.
How to make Punjabi Besan Kadhi Pakoda at home:
Steb by step recipe of kadhi pakoda with images:
2. Mix well and keep ir aside. Make sure no lumps are formed
4. In hot oil, add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds. Fry them till they splutter.
6. Lower the flame and add red chilli powder, curry leaves , turmeric powder and mix well.
7. To the pan, add buttermilk and gramflour solution.
8. Mix well. Cook till you see oil in the corners on the surface of kadhi.